Preserving Immunoglobulin Integrity
Octagam 5% is manufactured using well-controlled processing steps designed to be gentle and to preserve the structural and functional integrity of its immunoglobulin G (IgG)1
Formulated to help mitigate tolerability issues in patients with PI1-4
|Maltose [mg/mL] – (no preservatives or sucrose)||100 (=2 mg per mg IgG)|
In a 12-month, open-label, pivotal trial in patient with PI
Over 12 Months
In Both Pediatric and Adult Patients*
Adverse Reactions During Clinical Trial†
Headache (15% of subjects) and Nausea (7% of subjects)
*n=46; (11 patients were <16 years of age); a total of 654 total infusions were administered. †Drug-related ARs during infusion or within 72 hours of infusion in over 5% of patients.
Biochemical profile closely resembles native IgG1,2,5-7
- Contains all 4 subclasses of IgG, with a percentage distribution equivalent to the one found in normal plasma
- Physiologic Fc function of IgG is maintained intact
- Octapharma. Data on file.
- Octagam 5% Full Prescribing Information. Paramus, NJ: Octapharma; rev April 2022.
- Ochs HD, Pinciaro PJ; The octagam® Study Group. octagam® 5%, an intravenous IgG product, is efficacious and well tolerated in subjects with primary immunodeficiency diseases. J Clin Immunol. 2004;24(3):309-314.
- Stein MR. The new generation of liquid intravenous immunoglobulin formulations in patient care: a comparison of intravenous immunoglobulins. Postgrad Med. 2010;122(5):176-84.
- Yount WJ, Dorner MM, Kunkel HG, Kabat EA. Studies on human antibodies. IV. Selective variations in subgroup composition and genetic markers. J Exp Med. 1968;127:633-646.
- Shakib F, Stanworth DR, Drew R, Catty D. A quantitative study of the distribution of IgG sub-classes in a group of normal human sera. J Immunol Methods. 1975;8:17-28.
- French MAH, Harrison G. Serum IgG subclass concentrations in healthy adults: a study using monoclonal antisera. Clin Exp Immunol. 1984;56:473-475.